Since the beginning of time, humans have been foraging in forests for natural antibiotics to help them with infections of all sorts. It is hard to believe that the word antibiotic has only been around since 1941 when Selman Wakesman first used the word antibiotic as a noun to describe any small molecule made by a microbe that antagonizes the growth of other microbes from 1945 to 1955 the development of penicillin, which is produced by a fungus, along with witches produced by soil bacteria ushered in the antibiotic age.
What is an Antibiotic?
Antibiotics can loosely be defined as a variety of substances derived from bacterial sources like micro-note Organisms, that control the growth of or kill other bacteria. However, synthetic antibiotics, usually chemically related to natural antibiotics, have since been produced that accomplish comparable tasks.
Various scientific studies have shown that certain foods we eat have characteristics and qualities which act as a natural antibiotic on the human body. Natural antibiotic qualities exhibited by certain foods are a subject that requires more extensive research to be completely understood. Before attempting to substitute natural antibiotic containing foods for standard prescription antibiotics, it is highly recommended a person consults with a physician to obtain medical advice and to determine the best course of treatment to use for the particular medical condition which is presenting.
What foods historically have humans used as natural antibiotics?
- Onions: a close relative of garlic, onions have also been shown to have excellent antibiotic properties with a history of usage dating back to ancient Rome.
- Honey: has long been used as a traditional topical treatment for wound infections and has shown to be effective against certain antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains.
- Australian Tea Tree Oil: comes from a small, fragrant evergreen tree and is sold in health food stores. The substance can be applied topically to treat fingernail fungus, slow healing wounds and sores.
- Fruits and Vegetable containing vitamin C: fruits high in vitamin C are recommended because they can help stave off or eliminate certain infectious bacteria. Vitamin C is essential for growth and development, and serves in the function of skin repair. The substance is very important in wound healing, strengthens the human immune system and increases the body’s ability to resist infection.
- Fermented foods: these are foods that are prepared with microorganisms, mainly bacteria. The foods can also be considered as a form of natural antibiotics because they reintroduce friendly bacteria into the body.
- Eucalyptus: used as a powerful decongestant, has a very crisp, easy-to-recognize odor. Eucalyptus is a natural antiseptic which kills certain funguses, bacteria and viruses. Can be steeped and made into an herbal tea.
- Goldenseal: a powerful and potent immune system stimulant which medical research has shown to block streptococci bacteria from colonizing within the human body. Native American Indians have also used goldenseal in the treatment of certain types of fungal and protozoa infections.
Colloidal Silver: The Rediscovery of a Super Antibiotic?
Colloidal silver appears to be a powerful natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, it reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The it is the destruction of disease- causing organisms in the body and in the food. Colloidal silver was in common use until 1938. Many remember their grandparents putting silver dollars in milk to prolong its freshness at room temperature.
How Does NutraSilver Work?
The presence of colloidal silver near a virus fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves tissue-cell enzymes intact, as they are radically different from the enzymes of primitive single-celled life. Thus colloidal silver is absolutely safe for humans, reptiles, plants and all multi-celled living matter.
Topical Uses for NutraSilver
Colloidal silver is painless on cuts, abrasions, in open wounds, in the no~ for a stuffy nose, and even in a baby’s eyes because, unlike antiseptics, it does not destroy tissue cells. Its excellent as an underarm deodorant, since most underarm odor is caused by bacteria breaking down substances released by the sweat glands!
Tolerance To Disease Organisms
It is impossible for single-celled germs to mutate into silver-resistant forms, as happens with conventional antibiotics. Therefore no tolerance to colloidal silver ever develops. Also, colloidal silver cannot interact or interfere with other medicine being taken. Inside the body, silver forms no toxic compounds nor reacts with anything other than a germs oxygen-metabolising enzyme. Colloidal silver is truly a safe, natural remedy for many of mankind’s ills.