Governmental Statements About Colloidal Silver
The jury is still out. It’s hard to tell exactly where the government stands on its adoption of colloidal silver. It approves in some places and doesn’t like it in other. But the truth is that in all places its used it works and the government is reluctant to acknowledge it.
The World Health Organizations Weighs In
*“Argyria has been described in syphilitic patients in poor health who were therapeutically dosed with a total of about 1 g of silver in the form of silver arsphenamine together with other toxic metals. There have been no reports of argyria or other toxic effects resulting from the exposure of healthy persons to silver.”
In an article entitled “Silver in Drinking-water” published by the WHO
“On the basis of present epidemiological and pharmacokinetic knowledge, a total lifetime oral intake of about 10 g of silver can be considered as the human NOAEL. As the contribution of drinking-water to this NOAEL will normally be negligible, the establishment of a health based guideline value is not deemed necessary. On the other hand, special situations may exist where silver salts are used to maintain the bacteriological quality of drinking-water.
Higher levels of silver, up to 0.1 mg/litre (a concentration that gives a total dose over 70 years of half the human NOAEL of 10 g), could then be tolerated without risk to health.”
* Originally published in Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 2nd ed. Vol. 2. Health criteria and other supporting information. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1996.
Is Colloidal Silver Safe for Humans?
Well, let’s see what our government agencies that are charged with protecting our health and well-being have to say. Below are direct quotes from our government.
The Environmental Protection Agency Reveals Their Conclusions on Colloidal Silver:
“Argyria has been described in syphilitic patients in poor health who were therapeutically dosed with a total of about 1 g of silver in the form of silver arsphenamine together with other toxic metals. There have been no reports of argyria or other toxic effects resulting from the exposure of healthy persons to silver.”
“Although the deposition of silver is permanent, it is not associated with any adverse health effects. No pathological changes or inflammatory reactions have been shown to result from silver deposition. Silver compounds have been employed for medical uses for centuries. In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, silver amphetamine was used in the treatment of syphilis; more recently it has been used as an astringent in topical preparations. While argyria occurred more commonly before the development of antibiotics, it is now a rare occurrence.”
“Taking one ounce of colloidal silver daily, according to EPA guidelines, is well below the critical daily intake for the development of argyria.”
Silver Washes Out Of The System Quickly
According to the EPA IRIS Report on silver (Integrated Risk Information Systems, 5th page, 1st paragraph) it states that a number of tests were completed to test the absorption and retention of ingested silver in a number of animals, including primates (we are primates). In its conclusion, the test work indicated that between 90-99% of ingested silver was excreted on the second day after ingestion, and greater than 99% was excreted in less than a week. So, in other words, almost all of the ingested silver was out of the body in only two days, and most of the rest was out of the body in a week. They found that silver does not build up in the system.
What Silver Products Cause Argyria?
The US Federal Register listed the silver products that cause argyria as:
- silver salts, including silver nitrate, silver arsphenamine, silver chloride and possibly silver iodide.
- These products were sold until about 1975 under various labels consisting of silver solutions ranging from 5-30% silver [50,000-300,000 ppm (parts per million) of silver] (Federal Register, FDA-21CFR Part 310, pg. 53685).
- NutraSilver® contains no silver salts, silver nitrate, silver arsphenamine or silver chlorides.
- NutraSilver® is 100% pure nano-sized silver particles and distilled water manufactured in the USA.
- The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS is required by all governments globally) demonstrates that NutraSilver® is totally non-toxic.
Statements from from Governmental Reposts
- According to the EPA, who is charged with defining safe levels of any mineral in water used for ingestion or drinking, “the oral consumption of small amounts of silver in water on a daily basis poses no significant degree of risk.”
- The U.S. Government’s Center for Disease Control confirmed in 1995 that there has never been any allergic, toxic or carcinogenic reaction to colloidal silver.